More InformationDownload Product Information
An air source heat pump works by collecting and using thermal energy from outside air to provide domestic hot water and heating. Even when the temperature outside is as low as -20º, it can still convert the air for use in a heating and hot water system. Heat generated from this can supply warm water for radiators, underfloor heating systems or provide domestic hot water for your home. The process is simple, effective and renewable – providing savings not just for the environment but also in your fuel bill.
Each air source heat pumps has four main elements:-
- Condenser (heat exchanger)
- Expansion Device
The evaporator collects the heat from the outside air. This is then drawn into the unit by the fan through the evaporator fins and expelled through the front grill. The evaporator has liquid refrigerant passing through it, which is at a considerably lower temperature than the outside air, therefore the air gives up its heat to the refrigerant, which then vaporises.
This preheated vapour now travels to the compressor where it is compressed and upgraded to a much higher temperature.
The hot vapour then enters the condenser where it is surrounded by water from the heating system. The heat is given up to the cooler water and the now cooler refrigerant returns to its former liquid stat but still under high pressure from the compressor.
This high pressure is then released by passing the liquid through the expansion device and from there it returns to the evaporator and the whole cycle beings again.
Depending on the fuel replaced and the local conditions, potentially an Aeromax Plus Air Source Heat Pump could save you over £500 a year on your heating bills.
Aeromax Plus Air Source Heat Pumps are available in a range of outputs from 4kw to 15kw to suit individual requirements.
With their design and low noise output, they are designed to be installed in a number of floor and wall mounted locations outside the property and offer the following benefits:-
- Variable speed fans with an innovative patented fan blade shape ensuring improved air distribution at exceptionally low noise levels.
- The ideal solution for refurbishments or new build properties.
- Safe and reliable with proven technology.
- No gas supply, flues or ventilation required.
- Ruce energy cost and co2 emissions by up to 50% compared to traditional systems.
- No need for complicated and often expensive digging or drilling, unlike ground source heat pumps.
- Ideal for apartments and urban sites where there is limited space.
- Provide water temperature of between 55ºc - 60º for domestic hot water applications, ensuring you have hot water readily available.
- Typical comfort space heating is delivered between 35ºc and 55ºc.
- Plumbing installation has been designed to be simple, allowing easy access to all internal components and connections to both internal and external water circuits.
All Aeromax Plus Heat Pumps are covered by a 2 year Manufacturers Warranty.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Excl. Tax: £3,257.00 Incl. Tax: £3,908.40
Excl. Tax: £2,570.00 Incl. Tax: £3,084.00
Excl. Tax: £5,160.00 Incl. Tax: £6,192.00
Excl. Tax: £2,882.00 Incl. Tax: £3,458.40